Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Is it Pop or Soda, or what?

This is one of the most debated topics in the food and beverage world. Is it called Pop or Soda? There is no right answer, and the technical term is carbonated beverage. According to popvssoda.com, yes there is a site dedicated to the big argument. Where I'm from, 26,979 people voted and pop took the prize with 59.57% of the vote. Where my mother is from, 7,817 people voted and soda won with 70.77% of the vote. My dad's home state voted 1141 times and Coke actually won. Yes, some people call soda "coke". In the United States, a total of 324,757 people voted and soda had 39.94% of the vote. Pop is a close second. How close? Try 0.35% less than soda. This equates to a difference of just 1,158 people. In other words, it's darn close. So whether you call it pop or soda or coke or fizzy drink or whatever, there is no wrong answer. My advice is, call it what your state calls it. I should be calling it pop because the majority of my state calls it that. However, my parents taught me that soda is the right answer. The conclusion is, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's still a tasty beverage.

Go to www.popvssoda.com to see the results in your state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...