Sunday, October 16, 2011

IBC Black Cherry

     I realize it has been an extremely long time since my last Soda Review, about a month and a half to be precise, and there really is no excuse for that. I have plenty of reviewable soda at my house, even though they are drinks you have already had the pleasure of trying. But before we get into the latest review, let's discuss some site news. Blogger recently announced a new design to Blogs, all of which look absolutely dreadful on Soda Reviews. Also, I realize that having a section of the review devoted to the history of the product can be a bit boring, but bare with me, because chances are that section isn't going to be removed. And speaking of that section, and the rest of this review, let's just head right into it.

     This review will be on IBC Black Cherry. IBC, or Independent Breweries Company, is best known for their root beer, but they also have a cream soda and a black cherry soda. IBC was founded in 1919 by the Griesedieck family as a legal beverage during prohibition. IBC has gone through numerous ownerships, but is currently owned by Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

     You may not have known this, but all of my reviews are done live, meaning I am drinking it as I review it. So, I just unscrewed the cap of IBC Black Cherry, let's see how it tastes. First of all, it does have a noticeable black cherry scent, and so far it looks pretty promising. Taking a sip I get a nice hit of carbonation with a smooth and sweet black cherry flavor. The flavor is certainly delicious and very refreshing, although when it's 57 degrees Fahrenheit outside, refreshing probably isn't what you're looking for. Nevertheless, IBC has pulled off a great soda. Complaints? Hardly any, perhaps the carbonation can be a bit rough at times. But overall, IBC knows how to make a great tasting soda. I can't wait to review their famous root beer as well as their cream soda.

Verdict: 9.2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...