Monday, August 29, 2011

Henry Weinhard's Vanilla Cream

     I have had enough of these multi-billion dollar sodas that I have been reviewing. It's time for something a little bit more serious. This is the first soda I have reviewed that doesn't come in a can. From brewmaster Henry Weinhard, comes an incredible flavor experience. So put your high-fructose-laden hands together for Henry Weinhard's Vanilla Cream.

     Henry Weinhard was a German-American brewer from Oregon. He founded Henry Weinhard's in 1856, but the company was better known as a beer manufacturer. The Weinhard family also made a line of soft drinks, which survives to this day. In fact, this Vanilla Cream was seen as an alternative to alcoholic beverages during prohibition. So does Mr. Weinhard really know how to make a great vanilla cream soda? Let's find out.

     When I popped open the glass bottle and inhaled its aromas, I noticed a strong, yet incredible vanilla scent. This is a fabulously smelling soda, and I couldn't wait to see what it tastes like. When I did take a sip, I noticed that the carbonation level was rather low, despite having a persistent creamy head. I know I'm supposed to pour this in a frosty mug to examine the head and get all the flavors out, but here on Soda Reviews I drink things straight from the bottle. Anyway, the flavor is very scrumptious and creamy indeed. There aren't many flavor nuances going on (good, makes it less complicated), just a smooth, rich, creamy vanilla flavor. Some of the drawbacks are that it uses High Fructose Corn Syrup and it has a rather low carbonation, at least when you drink it out of the bottle. In all though, I have discovered that Mr. Henry Weinhard definitely knew what he was doing.

     Verdict: 8.8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...